LiveBluesWorld

General Discussion: Talk about the Blues (174)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

My New Axe, a G&L

I admit to being something of a gear addict. I recently bought a new guitar, and I'm pretty excited about the possibilities it presents. It…

Started by Larry

22 Apr 9, 2008
Reply by Blue Peter

RIP Buddy Miles

Just got the sad news that the big man on drums with the sweet voice passed away in his sleep. Wishing him a soft place in Heaven along wit…

Started by Scissormen

1 Mar 20, 2008
Reply by Blind Rat

The “Real” Ike Turner…

It's been a while since Ike passed, but - having respect for the man's important contributions to music - I was bummed to see the first sen…

Started by Scissormen

3 Mar 5, 2008
Reply by Ricky Stevens

Juke Joint Festival

anyone here been to this before? trying to get the low down. i'm going and would like to get some lay of the land from veterans if there ar…

Started by Pappa D

3 Feb 27, 2008
Reply by Pappa D

Blues Heritage tour - very cool

Has anyone checked out the Whistling Dixie Tour? I have heard from several people it is a very cool trek through the home of the blues - a…

Started by TNbill

0 Feb 22, 2008

Beijing Blues

Spielberg rocks,the genocide in Darfur is inhuman as is China's support of the Sudanese butchery. "Death don't have no mercy"! This is the…

Started by Sugar Blue

0 Feb 13, 2008

Near The Cross: Photos from the Mississippi Delta

http://library.duke.edu/exhibits/tomrankin/index.html

Started by Rick Saunders

1 Feb 4, 2008
Reply by Blind Rat

The Real Deal huh?...

Well then that begs the question; What is the real deal? Was W.C. Handy the "Father of the Blues" or was it that unnamed picker at the trai…

Started by Chad Nordhoff

3 Feb 3, 2008
Reply by Eric

Seasick Steve on/in Black Cab Sessions!

One Song (about chiggers). One Take. In the back of one Black London Cab. http://blackcabsessions.com/sessions.php?id=1193076784&sort=c

Started by Rick Saunders

3 Feb 3, 2008
Reply by Rick Saunders

Blues on the continuim

This is a pretty new site, but it looks to me like the participants range quite a bit in musical talent. There are obviously some very tale…

Started by Larry

6 Jan 30, 2008
Reply by Fred Willard

RSS

LiveBluesWorld Shutting Down

Dear LiveBluesWorld community.  LiveBluesWorld has had a good run, but unfortunately, we'll be shutting down the site on September 7, 2014.

We are no longer accepting new members.  

On September 7, the site will go offline forever. 

Thanks for being a part of the LiveBluesWorld community. 

Eric

© 2014   Created by Eric.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service